All installation estimates and quotations are subject to the following terms and conditions otherwise confirmed in writing by Bowloom Ltd.
1. Where quantities shown in a quotation are estimated from scale of dimensioned drawings, the final quantities are subject to verification by site measurement. Accordingly, all costs prepared from quantities taken from drawings are a quide only and may differ once a site measurement is completed.
2. Installation will take place in one scheduled visit to site, allowing uninterrupted work over one phase.
3. All carpets, even when cut to room sizes, are heavy and difficult to manoeuvre, especially on premises where the layout and access are restricted. In some premises the carpet may have to be folded to gain access, which may leave slight creases in the pile. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to surface finishes caused by the movement of carpet in restricted spaces.
4. Work will be programmed during normal working hours, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank and Public holidays).
5. The client or their main contractor must ensure that sub-floors are clean, dry and level (including securing loose floorboards) before the agreed installation dates. No allowance has been made in our quotation for sub-floor repairs, floor cleaning and removal of waste left by other trades. Any delays to the installation schedule that are caused by the site being left unfit or commencement of carpet fitting will result in additional costs.
6. All areas must be clear of other trades and their equipment so fitting work may proceed with continuity.
7. We will require adequate power and lighting on site and the rooms should be a minimum temperature of 18 degrees celcius, to allow the carpet to acclimatise.
8. Where our staff are required to move furniture, electrical equipment/appliances and other objects in the area of installation, this is carried out entirely at the risk of the customer. We strongly recommend that the movement of all large items be supervised by the client and that fragile or valuable pieces are moved by the client only. Bowloom and their staff are unable to accept responsibility for damage or breakages caused during the movement of the clients posessions.
9. Whilst every care is taken when installing carpets it is almost impossible not to leave small marks on painted skirting boards. These can normally be removed with some spirit based liquids. In some cases when installing stair carpet some chipping of paint work and plaster work can occur due to the vibration caused by the fitter. We would recommend that an allowance is made for your decorator to return to site after the carpet installation to make good any paintwork. Unfortunately Bowloom cannot be responsible for any costs incurred.
10. Occasionally skirting boards can split when fitting carpets into the small gap between the gripper rod and the base of the skirting. This happens as a result of poorly fitted skirting boards and therefore are the responsibility of your contractor to make good. Bowloom will not be responsible for any costs incurred but will return to site to re-fit carpets if required.
11. Sometimes when installing stair carpet to wooden stairs the risers and treads can collapse, this is due to old age or badly fitted stairs. There is a high level of banging involved to ensure the stairs are fitted under tension, this is not the fitters being heavy handed. Unfortunately this is an unforeseen situation that is impossible to predict and advise clients prior to installation.
It is the responsibility of your builder or appointed joiner to fix this, Bowloom cannot be responsible for any costs incurred however will visit site again to re-fit the carpets after the remedial work is completed.
12. The position of services such as water, gas and electricity supplies must be clearly indentified for our fitters to avoid accidental damage. Unprotected/loose wiring for alarms, computer systems, telephones, audio and video equipment (to name only, but not limited to, principal types) should be run in trunking under the floor. Wiring and services are often concealed from the carpet fitter and therefore Bowloom cannot accept responsibility for accidental damage during carpet installation. All water supply pipes should be positioned at the correct regulated depth under subfloors to ensure our fitters do not nail into them when installing gripper & door thresholds, Bowloom cannot be responsible for any damage to loose wires, damaged pipes will be the responsibility of the client unless advised of their location in writing prior to installation.
13. Where other trades may need to finish work following carpet installation, no allowance has been made to provide plastic protection to the carpet.
14. Please note that an approximate clearance of 20mm is required under doors for most carpet types. Bowloom staff will not carry out alterations to doors. Where wooden doors require trimming please ensure a carpenter or FLOORS AND DOORS (0208 330 6157) are in attendance, otherwise doors will be removed from their mountings and left on site.
15. All seam directions, seam positions and pile lay are to be left to Bowloom’s discretion and unless questioned in writing before estimating and cutting, will be deemed acceptable with no exceptions.
16. All quotations are firm for 60 days unless otherwise stated.
17. A cancellation charge may be made where a scheduled installation date is cancelled at less than 3 working days notice.
18. All orders are accepted upon receipt of a 50% deposit inclusive of VAT with the balance due upon completion. Deposits via credit/debit cards will be processed with your order. The outstanding balance will automatically be taken on the same credit/debit card within two days of completion of works. Should any delay be caused on site by yourself or your contractor, payment of materials will be required. Free storage will be provided for the first 30 days, following this a charge may apply.
19. Value Added Tax: VAT will be charged at the rate applicable on the date of supply.
20. At the event of a postponement at the customers request the customer may be liable to pay the company for the cost of storage between the due date of despatch and the date on which the despatch is finally made.
21. Colour matching and fastness to light: It should be noted that sample material may not be from the same batch as the installation carpet and therefore an exact colour match cannot be guaranteed. It must be understood that no dye has permanent light fastness.
When installing new carpet in areas that connect to old carpets there may be shade & texture differences, this could be the result of different dye batches, pile flattening/reversal or fading from light sources. These are characters of all styles of cut & loop carpets which are not manufacturing faults and out of our control.
22. Pile reversal is a permanent, unpredictable, localised change in the direction of the pile lean which alters the pattern of light reflected creating a random “light and shade” effect. Pile reversal is not necessarily associated with foot traffic and has been known to occur in unused carpet. It is a localised change in appearance which does not affect resistance to abrasive wear *Pile reversal is not attributable to a manufacturing fault and can be associated with local conditions where the carpet is installed. It is a random effect unlike “tracking” which is a shading effect caused by normal wear patterns. Pile Reversal may occur in most textiles with a pile. Bowloom cannot be held responsible for this as it is not regarded as a manufacturing fault.
23. Woven loop pile: It may be possible to pull or snag loops in a woven construction. No responsibility can be accepted for this.
24. Special treatments: We cannot accept responsibilty for complaints arising from treatments applied to our carpets by a third party after installation.
25. Cleaning: Professional cleaning is recommended. Special care should be taken when cleaning 100% linen carpet as these are not suitable for wet cleaning.
26. Disputes: Any disputes shall be subject to English Law.
27. Disclaimer: Any information and technical advice given by the company, whether verbal or written is for guidance only and is submitted in good faith.
28. Placing an order implies acceptance of the Company’s trading terms and conditions.
29. Stainguard is a treatment normally applied after carpet installation. Bowloom use a product which assists with the removal of common domestic household stains however this does not guarantee that all stains will be successfully removed. Please ensure a professional carpet cleaner is used and advise them of the treatment application. The rubbing of stains will result in distorted pile.